Sadly, due to covid-19 restrictions, Christmas at Bethesda in 2020 will be a little different from normal. However, we still hope to make the most of the opportunity to celebrate the birth of Christ. The plan is as follows:
- There will not be a Carol Service or Christmas Day Service held at the church this year. This is because the restrictions placed on us as a church would render these events almost impossible to run safely under the current guidelines.
- There will be a service held on Christmas Eve (Thursday 24th December) at 3:30pm, which will incorporate some elements of the crib service and the carol service. The service will be "in-person" (restrictions at the time allowing), but we hope to broadcast the service via the church's YouTube channel as per usual. We are also considering the possibility of a second "overflow" service held on Thursday 17th December, should the Christmas Eve service fill up too quickly.
- Tim and Andre will also livestream a short Christmas reflection on Christmas Day via YouTube, so that each household will have some opportunity to reflect on the birth of Christ along with the rest of the fellowship. If it helps, think of this as a hairier version of the Queen’s speech!!
- For the children / youth, and anyone young at heart, Liz and Andre will be releasing a daily advent slot in December on Andre's YouTube channel which will be a great way for young (and old) to get ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
- Christmas social - everyone loves a Christmas party (?!) so we thought we would get one in early while we’re all still in lockdown. Tuesday 1st December, 7.30pm we will have a Quiz evening on zoom. Just a chance to have some fun together. More details to follow.
Whatever the situation we find ourselves in, I look forward to worshipping the incarnate Son of God with you all.