From Sunday 4th April 2021, the church is returning to meeting together on Sunday mornings, within government guidelines for covid-19, as well as streaming the service online via YouTube.
Before You Arrive:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms which may be Covid-19 related, then please do not attend in person, but rather watch our livestream.
- Please let us know in advance if you are hoping to join us. There is a limit of how many will be able to attend in person, so please contact the church or email John Bridge to tell us the number of seats you wish to reserve for your household / "bubble", and the names of those who are planning to attend.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before you arrive at church.
- Lord's Supper. Because we plan to share in the Lord’s Supper together, we would ask you please to bring your own bread, grape juice or wine, cups and plates. It is appropriate for all believers, who are not under any church discipline, to participate in the Lord’s Supper together.
- It is also recommended that you bring your own Bible as church Bibles won’t be available.
- Please try to arrive between 10:15 and 10:25am, ready for the service to start at 10:30am.
- Please observe social distancing as you enter the building, and in the event of a short queue.
- Current government stipulations say we need to wear face masks in the church. Please bring one with you. Should you forget, we hope to have some available at the entrance to the church though these will be in limited supply, so please remember. Thank you.
- As you enter the building, you will be greeted (from a safe distance), asked to sanitise your hands, and your name taken for our register.
- You will then be ushered directly to your seat via a “one way” system marked out on the floor of the church.
- The disabled toilet will be available during the service. Unfortunately we will not be able to use the other toilet facilities or coat hooks.
- Once seated and socially distanced and wearing masks, please feel free to say hello to each other until the service begins.
During the Service:
- Unfortunately, we are not yet allowed to sing together during our services. We are monitoring the government updates and will introduce singing together as soon as possible.
- There will not be any Mini-zone or Crèche facilities available for the time being. Children will need to sit with their families. We will provide basic craft boxes for each family with young children and suggest a simple craft activity related to the sermon.
After the Service:
- We will need to leave the church building promptly after the service. This is necessary to limit the potential for the spread of Covid-19 and to allow time for those in the church who will be responsible for cleaning straight after the service.
- Normal restrictions apply to all people outside the church building, so please observe the "two households" / "rule of six" guidelines at all times.
Online Streaming on YouTube:
For those who cannot gather in person, we are continuing to live-stream the services on YouTube (not including the communion and pastoral prayers at the end of the service), on our channel "Bethesda Church":
For services before October 2020, see our previous YouTube channel "Bethesdabc":
Sunday evenings: There will also be expository Bible teaching on the book of Colossians on Sunday Evenings at 6:00pm. This will be hosted on Zoom and will allow for interaction, questions and fellowship.
Midweek fellowship: We will continue to meet midweek on Thursday evenings, online on Zoom, for a combination of prayer, Bible study and fellowship. Also on YouTube, we will recommence the Daily Psalm devotional readings.
Posted August 2020, Updated December 2020 and March 2021